Friday, September 9, 2011

The day after.

Alright ladies, let's talk. Or maybe I should say, I need to talk.


Let me explain. It's football season. That should explain enough, right? No further explanation needed? Just in case, I'll go on. 


^^^ is the reason for my misery. 


I am not one of those girls who loves football, not even a little bit, not even at all. I understand why some chicas love college football, and I have to say, I do enjoy college football. I mean, you really don't watch college football alone... you invite people over, you go out, your party hard and watch football, sounds fun. It's a different story for NFL at our house. 


When I first started dating UH it was Spring, no football, and it was glorious. Every Sunday was our day. I'm a spoiled brat and I love my husband time. Hands down, favorite day of the week. UNTIL football time rolled around. UH watches 11 hours of football on Sundays. From the time we wake up to the time we go to bed, he is on the coach watching t.v. It's not a come and go and watch football thing either... it's a : No Talking, No Distractions, No Laughing, Go put on your jersey and get serious kinda day. You think I'm joking, but if I want to talk or speak to UH, I have to wait for a commercial or he sighs a huge sigh, pauses the t.v. waits for me to say what I have to say, then restarts the t.v. Sounds like the perfect man huh?




I love him enough to get past stupid football season. But every time football season starts, I have to mourn the lose of a loved one, my husband. Then sometime in February he re-surfaces.


Last night was the first game and I'm already having a hard time letting him go. I really don't want to be a whiny wife. I know my husband really loves football, so he should get to watch it. It's just difficult restructuring your life every 6 months to make way for football. 


So this is for you dear Husband, I miss you already ... 


Ladies, any suggestions on what to do with myself for the next 6 months, help!! 

3 comments:

  1. This seems funny to me... being Canadian and football not being all that important, although I guess the American's are the way the movies portray them when it comes to football - that is what I have learned from blogging lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just posted about football too. Here in Australia we are all in Rugby mode and when that finishes when Summer starts my hubby will be glued to the TV watching American football. In other words, I am a football widow all year long!!!

    I suggest you get addicted to pinterest like I have and you can spend all that football time pinning away!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha @ 5 Minutes Just for Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess it could be worse huh ladies?! This past Sunday was pretty decent compromise though... he must have read my post?! ;)

    ReplyDelete